Saturday, May 19, 2007

Strawberry Festival!

We finally got out of the house today, only two hours later than I hoped, and headed up to Oxnard for the Strawberry Festival! Unfortunately we got there at 4:00 and were meeting Nick for dinner a couple hours later so I couldn't enjoy the food (which was really why I went)! I had to settle for only one roasted corn and a strawberry beer! :) Here are some pics from our time:
Farmer Kylie:


Feeding Kylie's beer addiction...(No I didn't let her drink it, she just likes to lick the outside of the glass)


"Where did that beer go?"

Dancing to the music


Kylie discovering hay for the first time...

What else...in the mouth!

So I am fully embracing the fact that Kylie is now eating strawberries! Here she is drinking Jim's smoothie...she LOVED it!


Look at that face!

Playing around!

I think Kylie is on "smile strike"! I can't get her to smile for pictures anymore! She is so focused on everything going on around her - she can't waste her time smiling! I was trying to get a cute pic of her in her strawberry polo, but these were the best I could get!




Then the waving began! Of course everyone that walked by thought that Kylie was waving at them and we had to endure a coversation with over a dozen people because of it!


Yep, that's Kylie with the Charmin Toilet Paper Bear! I'm thinking of having him make an appearance at Kylie's first birthday party! :)

The family!

Kylie loved her "Shakey-shake" she got from the Charmin bear! What a maraca has to do with toilet paper I will never know!

After the Festival, we headed 45 minutes north to Santa Barbara to take my brother Nick and his girlfriend Brooke to dinner. Jim, Kylie and I love visiting Nick in SB...we have so much fun with him! We met at Longboards restaurant on the Wharf and had a great dinner! Jim loved the fact that you could eat peanuts and throw the shells on the ground, although he took it a step too far when he started pegging us with peanuts from across the restaurant at the peanut bin!

Daddy and Kylie at the beach in Santa Barbara

Mommy and Kylie on the Wharf

Poor Kylie it was FREEZING there!

Gotta love the self-timer!

Yeah! Uncle Nick!!!

Kylie, Uncle Nick, and Auntie Brooke! Brooke was so good with Kylie! She didn't care that Kylie wanted to pull her hair, stick her hands in her mouth, smack her around...Kylie loved it!



We had such a busy and exciting day! We can't wait to go back in June for Nick and Brooke's graduation! I may have to take Kylie out in a mini skirt on DP in IV and show her the ropes! (All you SB people know what I am talking about!)

1 comment:

Emily Golden said...

Look at that 6 pack!