Monday, April 30, 2007

San Diego Wild Animal Park!

As if the wild birthday weekend wasn't enough, Sarah and I decided to take the little ones to the San Diego Wild Animal Park today! Since we have year passes we didn't feel bad about only going for a couple hours. It was pretty eventful...Kylie got sunscreen in her eyes, Tyler though the duck food was human food and Sarah had to rip it out of his mouth, Tyler went to his first Petting Zoo, and we saw a bunch of BFL's (Brown Four Legged's)(Thanks for that one, Nick!).

At lunch, Tyler kept standing up in his chair and Sarah would tell him to sit down because it was dangerous and he would fall and get an owie. Tyler picked up on this real quick and thought it would be a fun little game. Finally, when he stood up in his chair for the 5th time Sarah told me to ignore him, and we went on eating pretending we didn't see him. Next thing you know Tyler is standing in his chair chanting "Sit doooowwwwwnnn, dangerousssss, going to get an oooowwwwiee" in a sing-song voice. It was the funniest thing, I had to turn away so he wouldn't see me crack up! Well, Sarah was right, he got bored of the game and sat right down all on his own! I am going to start taking notes, Sarah is such a good Mommy!!

As if that wasn't funny enough, on the way home Tyler was clearly exhausted which translated into cranky. I was in the front seat, minding my own business when all of a sudden, BAM! I was hit by a flying animal cookie! I look back and Tyler had dumped his bag of animal crackers on his lap and was throwing them all over the car! Sarah told him to stop, but that just fueled the flame! Animals were flying everywhere! I reached back and started picking them up - I didn't want any to land in Kylie's car seat - she would pop them right in her mouth! So I say to Tyler, "Tyler, did you give any cookies to Kylie?" Of course the answer was no! So I picked up all the crackers and thaought that would be the end of it...until I turned around to check on Kylie and Tyler hurled a handfull of CRUMBS in my face! I was trying so hard not to laugh, but it was the funniest thing! When we got home and I took Kylie out of her car seat, sure enough, she had about 5 animal crackers on her lap! Needless to say, little Tyler went right in for nap time the second we got home! It was a wild and crazy trip! :)

Feeding the ducks...


Tyler and Mommy

Poor little KyKy...the sunscreen hadn't dried on her hands and she was sleepy so she rubbed her eyes. This was a recipe for disaster! She rubbed all that wet sunscreen right into her little eyes. She was crying and fussing, and kept rubbing her eyes since they probably stung so badly! All the rubbing was making it worse! I was freaking out! Sarah told me to keep her from rubbing her eyes and making it worse, so when we stopped for lunch I decided to nurse her to keep her hands away from her face. I read the bottle and it said to flush her eyes with water. Poor little girl, I took a water bottle and POURED water right on her face all into her eyes! She started freaking out, but it worked! Here is a pic of her 20 minutes AFTER I flushed out her eyes...I felt sooo bad!

Tyler loved the playground!



Mommy and Kylie (I think she has forgiven me for the sunscreen incident)

Finally, there is my happy girl!

Here we are at the Petting Zoo...I thought Tyler was going to be scared once we got in, but it was exactly the opposite! He went crazy! He was running from animal to animal petting and chasing them! It was so cute!


Kylie took the "one-finger" pet approach - she learned that from Daddy, that's how he pets my parents' dogs!





Here's Tyler running with a BFL!

No comments: