Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh, what Mommy gets us into!

On Monday I read on PeachHead (my Yahoo Group) that the local Vons was closing down for remodeling and that everything would be 50% starting today. I mentioned to Jim that we should go check it out, and the next thing you know, I found myself SETTING MY ALARM to get up at 6 a.m. in order to get there in time! I had to wake Kylie up from a deep sleep, feed her, and throw her into the car still in her PJ's! We got to Vons at 6:45 a.m. and there was already a bunch of people in line! We grabbed one of the last carts available and got into line! We were about 45 in line and by the time they opened the doors at 7, there were about 25 people after us!

Jim and I had made a distinct plan - head right to the baby food and diapers, then straight to the meat section! I had NO idea what I was getting myself into!! It was out of control! People were shoving carts and other people out of the way (luckily I had Kylie in the baby Bjorn so they were nice to me)! I just started throwing baby food into the cart, I didn't even know what I was grabbing! It was like Supermarket Sweep!! Next we grabbed a couple boxes of diapers then RAN over to the meat department and got the last 4 packs of chicken breast - the whole meat department was already empty!!


We spent the next hour and a half going up and down every aisle at least 3 times over making sure we didn't miss anything! By the end, Kylie was asleep in the Bjorn, the cart was stuffed and almost imposible to push and turn - stuff was coming out the sides, the bottom, and falling off the top, my back was KILLING me from carrying Kylie that whole time, and complete strangers were helping me load and unload my cart! It took 30 minutes to wait to pay, but it was worth it! We saved $280!!!!! It took TWO carts to load all of my stuff once it was bagged! I had to get help out to the car for the first time in my life!
As if that wasn't enough, Jim went to Vons at noon to check it out, and I went back again that evening! It was so exciting! Ha ha! I don't know how I get myself into these things! Here are a couple pictures of Kylie sitting with all of our stuff...it took 15 trips to unload from the car!! If there is one thing I learned it is that I would NEVER want to be on Supermarket Sweep!!

Ha ha!



MOM it was bad enough I had to shop with you for 2 hours, now you make me sit here while you unpack!!

No comments: