Thursday, April 12, 2007

Our day at the Park!

Today Kylie and I had plans to meet some Gymboree moms at the park for a play date. It wasn't until after I woke Kylie up from her nap, put her in the car, and started driving to the park (a 40 minute drive!) that I realized how windy it was! Tumbleweeds were smacking my windshield, trash was flying all over the place, and my car got thrusted towards the shoulder! I started wondering if we were still going to meet, so I called Jim at home to check my email to see if there was a message cancelling the playdate. Now he SWEARS there was no email (mind you, I called him at 2:40) so I headed on to the park. Of course, I got there to find it completely empty! There were branches and leaves, and big chunks of trees allover the place, and Kylie and I were the only ones there. Needless to say, the play date was cancelled due to the crazy wind, and they sent me an email at 1:11 to tell me. Some mysterious magical power put that email in my inbox after 2:40 (according to Jim)! Anyway, Kylie and I hung out despite the sand storm, and had a wonderful Mommy and me playdate at Holmby Park! Here are some pics (of course!).



Trying to crawl...
Playing in the sand...believe it or not, she didn't try to eat it!




Sucking on a shovel that we found at the park, aren't I a good mom?! :)




Uh, Mom?!! I'm feeling a little lonely over here!! (look closely, you'll see the little cutie pie in the distance!!)

Here is Kylie in her new carrier...she loves it, especially when we dance and bounce up and down! (Check out those chunker legs...hers, not mine)

No comments: