Sunday, May 20, 2007

Venice Beach!

Kylie and I have been going to Venice Beach almost weekly since she was born! It has come to be our Sunday tradition! Some may have church, but we have 20 sticks of incense for $1, a man singing "Jingle Bells Jingle Bells help me get drunk", the infamous electric guitar player on roller blades, a no-legged guy maneuvering down the boardwalk on a skateboard, and of course the guy who looks like he is going to walk on glass, but after seeing him for the 23rd time I am beginning to think it will never happen!

On today's trip we stopped to look at the guy who is painted all gold (although it is really ghetto and is all chipping off) since he had a very poorly painted stuffed dog at his feet. Kylie has really fallen in love with dogs so every time we see one we have to stop and look at it. Next thing you know, Kylie started waving at the gold man and the dog, and he got up and started walking towards us (the man, not the stuffed dog, ha ha). He came over and shook Kylie's hands and she just stared at him in shock! I never tip the people down there but after he came over and interacted with Kylie I figured I better at least give him a buck! Kylie and I strolled over to his tip basket and dropped in a dollar. Mr. Gold Man walked over to Kylie and posed for a pic! Check it out!

Waving hello....

(Not pictured: My obsessive scrubbing of the stroller handles and Kylie's entire body with Antibacterial Wipes immediately following this pic!)

Then we found a HUGE flock of birds on the lawn and Kylie started waving at them, so we had to roll over and check them out. Of course, they were there because some nasty homeless guy was throwing them food out of the trashcan, but Kylie loved them!



I always take pictures on our walk to Venice Beach, but never on the way back. At that point I start getting nervous that someone is going to attack us and try to haul ass back to the car...all the while wondering why the hell we keep coming back to this creepy place?! But, we'll be there again next week! :)

1 comment:

Emily Golden said...

I don't know which is worse the gold man or the seagulls...YUCK!!!