Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was my first "official" Mother's Day! I say "official" since I have been celebrating Mother's Day since I met Jim and became Step-mom to Jimmy and Michael. I told Jim that I really wanted to go to brunch for my first Mother's Day, and didn't care where we went, as long as it was all-you-can-eat breakfast!!

When Kylie woke up this morning Daddy took her so I could sleep in then get ready for brunch. We headed to brunch with Jim's parents and Mikey who was in town for the weekend. I knew there would be a wait for brunch, but when we got there and heard it was an hour and a half AT LEAST there was drama! It was 11:00 am and Michael had to be at the airport (30 minutes away) at 1:30. This means that by the time we sat down for brunch, Jim would have to leave to take Michael to the airport! We couldn't figure out what to do, but then Jim's dad came to the rescue! Dennis offered to go home with Michael and stay with him then take him to the airport so Jim, Madeline, Kylie and I could enjoy brunch! We piled back in the car and drove the 30 minutes back home and dropped off Mikey and Dennis, then turned around and drove BACK to the restaurant. When we got there (an hour after we put our names on the list) I ran in to see how much longer, and of course, the woman said, "We called your name 20 minutes ago!". I thought, GREAT, now I am going to miss brunch, the one thing I was dying to do on my Mother's Day. I started explaining that we were just outside and never heard anyone call our name (oops, a little lie) and that I was told it would be an hour and a half at least, blah blah blah, and that now our party was down to three and a highchair, blah blah blah, and I guess they just wanted to shut me up because the girl said, "I can seat you right now"! So I replied "Great, let me grab my husband, he is parking the car", OOPS! That doesn't quite go with my "We have been waiting outside" story! Oh well, no one seemed to pick up on it, and I ran out and grabbed Jim and Madeline and we were seated!!

Brunch was delicious! Kylie was a very good girl, and it helped that I gave her a balloon to play with! Although, when I came back from round one at the buffet the balloon was half its size and shrinking quickly! Kylie had punctured it with her little tooth!! She couldn't have cared less, she just started sucking on the deflated balloon instead! At the end of brunch she started getting restless so I decided to take her outside to play where she attracted a group of 6 kids who entertained and played with her! Lastly, Jim was nice enough to take a TON of pictures of Kylie and me and not complain once the entire time!

Later that day, after a short nap (for me, not Kylie) where I was awoken by Kylie saying "MaMaMaMa" for the first time, (that was the best Mother's Day present ever!), Jim's cousin Pat came to visit and we all went to Venice Beach for a walk then came home for some Alejo's!

Jim has been very good about bringing me flowers and a card every year for Step-Mother's Day, but this year, I wanted something good, something I could keep forever and look back on and say, "I got this my FIRST Mother's Day"! I told Jim to save the money he would have spent on flowers and put it towards a good gift! Now after the fact, Jim told me I should have been a little more specific, which I will from now on! When we went to open presents, Jim gave me an adorable card from little Kylie and a VERY sweet card from him! Then, he gave me some wonderful and practical Mother's Day gifts! I got "What to Expect the Toddler Years" book (no, Jim did not know that toddler starts with 12 months), a CD carrying case (very practical for keeping my home video DVD's), and some software for my computer. Did I mention they were practical? I guess I could keep the CD case forever and look back and remember my first Mother's Day, right? Next year I am thinking of cutting out pictures of jewelry and creating a wish list...just a thought. Thanks, though, Babe for putting the time and thought into my wonderful gifts, sorry for crying about them afterwards in the car :) !

Here are some pictures from my first ever Mother's Day!

Kylie and Mommy at brunch

Don't you love Ky's shirt? (Thanks, Mom!)

A woman from the next table gave Madeline and me carnations and Kylie loved them! She even bit my flower off the stem!

Kylie LOVES balloons!

Here is Kylie getting a little restless...she actually turned sideways in the highchair!

Kylie playing outside!



Mommy and Kylie






Mommy, Daddy, and Kylie

Daddy and Kylie

No comments: