Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mommy and Me Swimming

My friend Rebecca and I signed up the babies for Mommy and Me Swimming (well to be P.C. it is really "Parent and Me Swimming" but this is MY blog so I can call it what I want!!). Today was the second class, and since Rebecca had to go to work right after class she enlisted her husband, Shawn, to do the swimming with Nathaniel, and she was photographer! I can't leave Jim out - he and Michael came too, and Jim was a semi-photographer - if you count the fact that in every one of his pictures my head is cut off, it is blurry, or even worse...when I got home and uploaded the pictures, more than two-thirds of them are close ups of my butt, stomach, and worse! Yes, my husband has the maturity level of a 14 year old boy! Good thing Rebecca was there to capture real pictures! ;)

Class was very interesting...last week we didn't have an instructor, but this week, oh boy did we have an instructor! She is an Olympic-qualifying swimmer, and trains people for the Olympics...which I think is the goal she has for our babies! She gave a twenty minute lecture before we even got in the water then was VERY in control once we got in! Needless to say, I was the class trouble maker - all I wanted to do was play, socialize, and take pictures! We did get extra credit though when I volunteered Kylie as the first child (there are babies and toddlers there aged 6-36 months) to be dunked under water! I was so nervous to do it, but realized I needed to be strong for Kylie...the teacher had us go in the middle of a circle of parents and kids and had me bounce Kylie up and down smiling and laughing. Then, out of nowhere I was supposed to dunk her under! This sounded fine and all but as I was preparing to do it, the teacher insisted on holding on to Kylie and making eye-contact with her as well, which was freaking Kylie out! We have a video of it and you can hear me saying "Uh, I think you are kinda scaring her, she is afraid of strangers" and then the teacher replies "Ohhhh, Cutie"! OKAY! I guess she didn't get the message! So we just continued on! I bounced Kylie up and down, up and down, then all of sudden, down she went! I popped her right back up and she was totally fine!! No tears, so shaking, if anything, she stuck her tongue out and tried to lick the water off her face! I was sooo proud of her, I was holding back tears!! I hugged and kissed her and lifted her up in the air just like she won an Olympic Medal! What a brave girl! (Not like she had a choice in the matter!!) Here are the pics!

Daddy, Kylie, and Mikey.....and.....Mommy and Kylie waiting for class to begin!



Of course we have a new bikini for a new week of swim class!




Daddy's and Babies! Jim, Kylie, Shawn, and Nathaniel!



The swim instructor demonstrated on Nate...he handled it like a champ...at first! :)


Getting ready to get in the water...the bikini girls!


Like Mommy like Baby! Check out the tongues! Ha ha!



Kylie loves to splash in the water! (And try to lick any drops that end up on her chin!)


Kylie and Nate floating on their backs...Nathaniel can kick like crazy!! He didn't stop the entire time we were in the pool! I think he is the next Olympic swimmer...our teacher would be so proud!


Nate and Kylie, BFF!


Getting ready to go under...getting instructions from the teacher!


Coming up!!!


SHE DID IT!!!!!


"What just happened, Mommy?"


I am so proud here...laughing to hold back the tears :)


Dancing to the Hokey Pokey!


Okay, this kid needs some milk...she is trying to nurse from my chin!

No comments: