Saturday, October 13, 2007

Our trip to the Pumpkin Patch!

Today Jim, Jimmy, Michael, Kylie and I went to Mr. Bone's pumpkin patch in West Hollywood. It was pretty crazy and different to go to a pumpkin patch in the middle of practically Beverly Hills! There were paparazzi allover the place waiting for the next big celeb to show up! I am talking standing on all the corners, out front by the entrance, in front of the parking lot, and in their SUV's surrounding the block! You know me, I was PRAYING we would see someone, but then again, Britney could have been right in front of my face I wouldn't have recognized her! I am so bad at that! Unfortunately, there wasn't much action in the celebrity arena, so we just had to enjoy the patch as is! BUT, as we were leaving, the employees were closing off the parking lot and the paparazzi were pulling cameras out and pointing through the open windows of their SUV's!! I wanted to stay to see who was coming but the boys and Kylie had enough, they were dying to get out of there! Oh well! I guess I will have to pick up a copy of People to see who I missed!

The pumpkin patch was really cute with a bouncy house, face painting, petting zoo, pony rides, and tons of pumpkins! Kylie was a bit overwhelmed and just wanted to stand there pounding on one pumpkin the entire time! The boys were bored out of their minds after about 20 minutes and Jimmy even tried to take a nap on a pumpkin! Oh well! And, to top off the day, we paid $20 for ONE pumpkin! Even I was a little shocked at that! Luckily the lighting was perfect so I was able to get some practice in on my new camera! Here are the pics!

Jimmy, Rachel, Kylie and Mikey
Kylie loved the stems of the pumpkins! She even tried eating them (of course!)


Kylie wasn't even scared of these freaky guys!
I love this shot...I think the colors and light are so pretty!
Pointing at the ponies!
Checking out the petting zoo from the outside! (They wanted $4 a PERSON to go in there!!)
I love Ky's eyes in this pic!
How do you explain to a baby that the white thing is a chicken when it looks NOTHING like the chickens in her books? She didn't get it! She kept saying 'tweet tweet' like it was a bird instead!
Farmer Kylie chewing on some hay!
Happy girl!


Ky's big bro's taking care of her!
Starting to get bored!!

Kylie did NOT like the wagon! She even swung a leg over trying to get out!
OOOhhhhh!
I LOVE this shot...if only she would smile! After taking this we got in trouble for putting Kylie in with the pumpkins! Apparently there is a non-existent sign that says "Do not sit on the pumpkins"...Hmmm, wonder how we missed that? :)
Not happy about picture time!
Kylie is permanently pointing!
Love this shot! I am starting to figure out how to shoot manually, and got just what I was attempting here! The hay looks so great in the background too!

The boys have had it!
Apparently it wasn't so fun for Ky either! She spent 15 minutes emptying and refilling my purse!
Daddy found our $20 pumpkin! :)
I am obsessed with this pic! I feel like it should accompany a story in the LA Times! :)


No comments: