Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wild Animal Park

Today Ky and I drove down to San Diego for the weekend. Since we have zoo passes I decided to pop into the Wild Animal Park...and it really was a "pop-in" visit! We got there at 3 and the park closed at 4 - oops! Luckily the grounds stay open until 5 so we had a bit more time! On top of the time crunch, I was NOT aware that the Wild Animal Park sat on the equator making it 4,000 degrees hotter than anywhere else in southern California!! Luckily I had our suitcases in the car and was able to whip up a couple of new outfits in no time! I had so much fun messing around with my camera, and luckily the mini water park kept Kylie happy while I did it! Here are the pics:

Kylie at the most boring show I have ever witnessed in my life, the Elephant Training Show...PLEASE, do NOT put yourself through this torture if you find yourself at the Wild Animal Park! But, it gave Ky time to eat her lunch! :)
BTW - Ky has the cutest outfit on before we had to abandon the layers because of the heat...she ended up looking like Daddy from the 90's with a cut-up homemade sleeveless wide neck T-shirt, haha!
Kylie and I are working on growing a little "rat tail" like in the 80's...so far so good!
Here is Kylie at the little water play area...she was mesmerized by the fountains, but especially by the mist!
Love this shot of her little arms held up!
I had so much fun messing around with my camera! I shot all of these manually and I can't take credit for how great they turned out...the lighting was amazing so I just got lucky!!



How great is the lighting in this one?!
LOVE this one!


I love the effect of the sunlight in this one, if only I knew how I did it!
I love the drops of water on her little face in these!


Why, why, why did I have to cut off her left hand and have the lighting all screwed up?!

Practicing her walking!

Why, why, why did Kylie choose this moment not to cooperate with the camera?? This is the cutest background shot with the best amount of blur and sharpness...UGH!
I even tried to give her a cracker to get her to smile! :)
This lion was literally 20 feet from us...it was so cool!
Kylie loved the misting machines! She sat in front of it and every time the fan rotated past her and blew mist in her face she would crack up!
I wasn't sure what Kylie would think of the petting zoo, but she was IN LOVE with it! She was patting, pounding, and poking (oops, sorry animal lovers and PETA readers) these BFL's (Brown Four Legged's - thanks Nick for the name). She wasn't afraid of them at all, she was cracking up the whole time! She loved when I carried her and we followed them around, she thought it was hilarious!

Everything was going great until my daughter decided she needed to EAT the sand in the petting zoo. EW. I almost threw up when I saw her do it!
Right after I took this picture, there was a loud noise and all the BFL's around Kylie jumped up and started running!! Kylie almost got trampled! I freaked out and practically dropped the camera in a mad dash to scoop her up before she was petted, pounded, and poked by them!
How cool was this?! She wasn't even scared, she wanted to touch the animal's eye! She kept reaching saying "eye, eye, eye!"!

No comments: